ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting and Related Meetings
This year’s ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting and Related Meetings were held from 24 August to 31 August in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Head of Japanese delegation was Mr. Yukio Edano, Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry, who participated in AEM-METI, AEM+3, AEM+FTA Partners, EAS and Mekong-Japan Economic Ministers Meetings.
In the AEM+FTA Partners Consultations, Ministers agreed to recommend to the Leaders the Guiding Principles and Objectives for Negotiating the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) for their consideration and endorsement in November 2012. In AEM-METI Consultations, Ministers endorsed the “ASEAN-Japan 10-year Strategic Economic Cooperation Roadmap,” a strategy to elevate the partnership between ASEAN and Japan to a new level, in which both parties grow together with further integrated markets and production networks.
For more information, Please refer to the following links:
- Joint Media Statement of the AEM–METI Consultationshttp://www.aseansec.org/documents/THE%20EIGHTEENTH%20AEM–METI%20CONSULTATIONS.pdf
- Joint Media Statement of the AEM+3 Consultationshttp://www.aseansec.org/documents/AEM%203%2015%20JMS%20-%20final.pdf
- Joint Media Statement of the AEM+ASEAN FTA Partners Consultationshttp://www.aseansec.org/documents/AEM-AFP%20JMS%20(FINAL).pdf
- Joint Media Statement of the EAS Economic Ministers Meetinghttp://www.aseansec.org/documents/THE%20EAS%20ECONOMIC%20MINISTERS%20MEETING%2030%20August%202012.pdf
- Joint Media Statement of the Mekong-Japan Economic Ministers Meetingcoming soon